UW surrenders more images from the Tom Yin Lab.
Released to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
Below is a series of images released in July 2013 to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) under Wisconsin’s open records law. The images, from a procedure performed in 2009, show a surgical procedure to place a cochlear implant into a cat, the subject of a hearing study. Earlier images were used by PETA, an organization that objects to the use of all animal models in research, to misrepresent the clinical and technological value of the work, as well as the treatment and condition of the animals used in the study. We are posting the images to preempt their misuse and continued mischaracterization of a study that has demonstrated clinical and technological benefit for humans. Read the university’s full article here.
See too: More images from the Yin Lab.
Top Posts & Pages
- Welcome to the Zor Shrine Circus!
- Kaiser Permanente Recommends Vegan Diet For Health
- Behind the Scenes of the George Carden Circus
- Did Elephant Kill Circus Worker? | PETA.org
- Karen Carlson: Animal rights activists using democratic process to change minds
- Speak Out Against Trapping in Dane County Parks
- Dane County Board Votes to Ban Elephant Acts
- UW surrenders more images from the Tom Yin Lab.
- Rick Bogle: Where's oversight on UW teaching barn?
- Cats Tormented and Killed in UW Madison Lab - PETA Exposure