UW surrenders more images from the Tom Yin Lab.
Released to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
Below is a series of images released in July 2013 to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) under Wisconsin’s open records law. The images, from a procedure performed in 2009, show a surgical procedure to place a cochlear implant into a cat, the subject of a hearing study. Earlier images were used by PETA, an organization that objects to the use of all animal models in research, to misrepresent the clinical and technological value of the work, as well as the treatment and condition of the animals used in the study. We are posting the images to preempt their misuse and continued mischaracterization of a study that has demonstrated clinical and technological benefit for humans. Read the university’s full article here.
See too: More images from the Yin Lab.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kaiser Permanente Recommends Vegan Diet For Health
- Behind the Scenes of the George Carden Circus
- ANIMAL PEOPLE ONLINE » Maternal deprivation experiments on macaques in Madison recall Harry Harlow
- The Badger Herald · PETA, university continue to stand at odds over USDA report
- Charlie Talbert: Fault for manure spill goes beyond digester : Ct
- 12 Animal Activism Stories That Made Headlines in 2012 « Striking at the Roots
- Igo Vego | New Vegan Food Cart in Madison
- Swap meet gives animal lovers a chance to share | Daily Tribune Media | wisconsinrapidstribune.com
- Wisconsin Dells Wildlife Park Fire Kills 2 Giraffes: Chicagoist
- No Laughing Matter